ADRA Mongolia is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced candidate to serve as the Program Director of ADRA Mongolia, based in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. ADRA Mongolia operates a complex and multi-sector development portfolio and has funding from many donors from across the world.
The Program Director is responsible for the coordination of all programmatic activities including overseeing ongoing programs, developing new projects, seeking funding, monitoring and evaluation and the general operations and management of the organization together with the Country Director ensuring consistency with the country office strategic directions and compliance with donor and host government regulations.
A: Strategy and Policy Development
- Ensure the development and implementation of a program strategy that considers the needs of targeted communities, ADRA’s capacities, government priorities and donor interests.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of operational plans for each programmatic area, including the evaluation and revision of these plans.
- Ensure that the program strategy is communicated to all ADRA staff.
- Ensure the development of policies, procedures and guidelines on program issues.
- Develop close working relationships with all project participants and key stakeholders, including government counterparts, local partners, NGOs, private sector, and SDA Church constituencies at local and state levels.
B: Looking for Funding and Program Design
- Lead out in seeking sources of funding to initiate or expand projects, and expand donor base.
- Familiarity with donor policies and strategies for Mongolia.
- Periodic update of funding forecasts/donor data base for Mongolia.
- Ensure the accurate and timely implementation of needs assessments for potential proposal development.
- Ensure the systematic recording and updating of core information for proposal development, including information relevant for budgeting.
- Take lead in and oversee the proposal writing and budget preparation process for each new project (including concept note and logframe preparation).
- Provide technical assistance in the finalization of proposals for continuing projects.
- Draft and/or finalize project proposals for new projects.
C: Program Implementation
- Ensure compliance of project interventions to international/national standards, donor policies, and relevant government policies in question (in association with M&E activities).
- Provide management support in the supervision of projects
- Assist in finalizing reports and key donor correspondences.
- Negotiate approval with donors for changes to project strategies if required.
- Attend coordination meetings on behalf of Program Coordinators /Project Directors
- Assist in start-up of new projects
- Assist in project baseline, mid-term and end-of-project studies as requested by project head.
- Provide technical assistance in project planning, assisting programs in translating operational plan into actions, defining work priorities and performance through participatory mentoring , and onsite visits as needed and requested by project coordinator.
- Participate in project budget reviews, providing guidance in ensuring consistency between financial burn rate and project activities within agreed time frames.
- Participate in project launching and close-out.
- Provide support in liaising with donors in respect to ongoing projects.
- Build capacity for project staff in the area of project management, promoting a culture of learning.
D: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Establish the M&E system for each project.
- Coordinate project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Develop/adapt effective monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Ensure the training of project staff in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure adherence to donors and ADRA regulations /rules, including reporting requirements.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites (at least quarterly; monthly for new projects).
- Supervise performance of project directors/managers, guided by email communication, project documents, performance evaluation forms, and on-site visits.
- Monitor the financial spending of each project as per financial statements provided by the finance department. Provide necessary follow up as needed.
- Monitor the progress of achieving the ADRA Mongolia Strategic Plan Objectives.
- Establish project implementation structure for each project.
- Ensure key project staff have job descriptions (in association with HR Department).
- Recruit key project staff (in association with HR Department).
- Orient newly recruited project staff (in association with HR Department).
- In association with HR Department, conduct half-yearly or annual performance evaluation appraisal of key project staff reporting to her or him.
- Discipline program/project staff as required.
- Participate in core management team activities – Attend ADCOM meetings and Board Meetings, as requested
- Represent the agency in sectoral and donor meetings and any other meetings as requested
- Master or PhD degree in relevant field including International development, Economics and Social sciences, etc.
- At least 7 years of proven working experiences including INGO management, donor funded community development, project management and proposal development.
- Sound conceptual knowledge of current development practices and proposal development process.
- Experience in working at senior management position in international non-government organizations is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to travel extensively in rural project sites
- Must adhere to ADRA’s mission and working principles
Interested candidates should send following documents to email@example.com or ADRA Mongolia office before 13:00 PM, March 24, 2017.
- Complete one page cover letter explaining their interest, suitability and expertise for the position
- 2-3 reference letters from current and previous employers
- ADRA job application form (the form can be downloaded or printed from adra.org.mn) or pick it up from the Administration officer at the office address listed below. Ensure all sections fully answered as candidates will initially screened using data submitted on form.
- Resume or CV
- Other supporting documents including copies of diplomas and professional certificates etc.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls accepted.
ADRA Mongolia office: Palazzo building 8-401, 1stkhoroo, Tokyo Street, Bayanzurkh District, Ulaanbaatar city.