ADRA Mongolia is currently seeking a motivated and qualified candidate to perform as the Project Agronomist for “Partnership for Organic Agriculture” (POAg) project to be implemented in Selenge province, Mongolia with funding from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany from 1 September 2018 to 31 July 2021. The project goal is to improve the livelihood of small farmers and cooperatives through promoting sustainable organic agriculture and establishing participatory guarantee system using multi-actor platform approach.
The Project Agronomist is a full-time position, based in Ulaanbaatar, responsible for promoting organic agriculture and certification system, increasing production of cooperatives by using innovative agriculture approaches & tools and acting as a technical specialist in communication with target beneficiaries, under the supervision of the Technical Advisor and the Project Manager.
- Conduct field monitoring visits and provide consultations & coaching to target beneficiaries on organic gardening technology, increase of crop yield and soil quality
- Network with local government, NGOs, and SMEs
- Conduct and coordinate organic gardening workshops, meetings, and trainings in the field
- Organize green day events at local and national levels and link beneficiaries with regional and national markets
- Assist and work with multi-actor platform for sustainable agriculture and its core groups
- Assist farmers and cooperatives to develop and implement workable planting plans & procedures
Assist in developing agriculture value-added products and their marketing
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports, planting and harvest data for the Project Manager
- Perform a variety of other duties as required
Bachelor degree in Agronomy
Proven experience in working with primary and secondary cooperatives
Proven experience in building the organic farming capacity of beneficiaries
Experience in cooperative product development, increasing market channels
Excellent community mobilization skills
Skills of conducting and coordinating agriculture and farmers field school trainings
Effective communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office software and other required programs
Able to travel in the field frequently
Previous working experience for international development organizations is an asset
Full compliance with ADRA’s values, principles, and work standards
17:00 PM on Monday, 10 September 2018:
- One page cover letter explaining the interest in and suitability for the position
- CV highlighting the required qualifications and criteria
- Names and contact information of 2-3 professional references including previous employers
- ADRA job application form, to be downloaded from http://adra.org.mn/job-announcements/job-application/. Ensure all sections are fully answered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls accepted.
ADRA Mongolia office: 401 Palazzo Building 8, Khoroo #1, Tokyo Street, Bayanzurkh District, Ulaanbaatar city.