ADRA Mongolia is currently seeking a highly self-motivated and qualified candidate to perform as the Field Officer for “Partnership for Organic Agriculture” (POAg) project to be implemented in Selenge province, Mongolia with funding from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany from 1 September 2018 to 31 July 2021. The project goal is to improve the livelihood of small farmers and cooperatives through promoting sustainable organic agriculture and establishing participatory guarantee system using multi-actor platform approach.
The Field Officer is a full-time position, based at the project field office in Darkhan city, responsible for conducting the day-to-day field activities of the project under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager and acting as focal person for communication with target beneficiaries in the field.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the field office facilities and resources
- Responsible for managing relations with the local stakeholders and project beneficiaries
- Network with local government and NGOs, businesses and banks
- Consult and coach the primary and secondary cooperatives to develop bylaws, procedures and business plans
- Consult the target beneficiaries on developing and implementing potential off-season business
- Coordinate and organize cooperative capacity building training in the field
- Assist in developing and promoting organic value-added products
- Assist in market assessment and analysis, disseminate findings among beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Assist with local activities of multi-actor partnership platform
- Assist local cooperatives to organize events at local & national levels
- Collect and update date about project beneficiaries on a quarterly basis
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports for the Project Manager
- Perform a variety of other duties as required
- Bachelor degree in BMA, economics or related fields
Substantial experience working with primary and secondary cooperatives
Proven community mobilization and management skills
Proven communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Previous experience in agriculture production and marketing
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office software and other required programs
Able to travel in the field at least 7-10 days per month
Previous experience working for international development organizations is an asset
Full compliance with ADRA’s values, principles, and work standards
17:00 PM on Monday, 10 September 2018:
- One page cover letter explaining the interest in and suitability for the position
- CV highlighting the required qualifications and criteria
- Names and contact information of 2-3 professional references including previous employers
- ADRA job application form, to be downloaded from http://adra.org.mn/job-announcements/job-application/. Ensure all sections are fully answered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls accepted.
ADRA Mongolia office: 401 Palazzo Building 8, Khoroo #1, Tokyo Street, Bayanzurkh District, Ulaanbaatar city.